Aulacodiscus margaritaceus - stereo

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Smokedaddy

Aulacodiscus margaritaceus - stereo

Post by Smokedaddy »

Interesting effect ... at least with my stereo glasses.

-JW:

Troels

Post by Troels »

If it looks right in your streo-viewer the pictures should be interchanged for cross-eyed viewing. I looks strange when I try.
Troels Holm, biologist (retired), environmentalist, amateur photographer.
Visit my Flickr albums

René

Post by René »

wow, quite amazing deep structures in this diatom valve. What's the scale of these images?

René

Olympusman

Stereo

Post by Olympusman »

Yes - the right picture should be on the left side. You can see the direction of some of the points in the diatom.

Mike
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

Crosseyed doesn't work for me. I'm not sure how to switch around the images but the stereo using my glasses look interesting. I haven't a clue if the stereo is generated incorrectly. I didn't know that was even a possibility.

Anyway below is a 100% crop of the stacked images, 100x with a 1.4x teleconveter on a Canon 50D. Scale bar was generated in ImageJ.

-JW:

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

If I did it correctly in SM here's the swapped one. Looks weird to me. If you look at my other posting with the pink plucked foam stereo image, that really has some nice depth.

-JW:
Last edited by Smokedaddy on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

Which ever is correct, right or wrong, I've voting for the first image (viewed through stereo glasses) at least for DOF. <g>

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Smokedaddy wrote:If I did it correctly in SM here's the swapped one. Looks weird to me.
You did it right. This one viewed crosseyed looks the same as the first one viewed parallel (using the viewer).

--Rik

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

Very impressive resolution. This looks to be about as near to SEM as you can get with a light microscope. Your first stereo pair, I thought actually was SEM for a moment when I first saw it. :shock:
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

Cactusdave wrote:Very impressive resolution. This looks to be about as near to SEM as you can get with a light microscope. Your first stereo pair, I thought actually was SEM for a moment when I first saw it. :shock:
Thanks very much. I was totally blown away myself. Here's a color version (just experimenting).

-JW:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic