Voigtlander MACRO APO-LANTHAR 110mm F2.5 lens announced

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Voigtlander MACRO APO-LANTHAR 110mm F2.5 lens announced

Post by RobertOToole »

Cosina has been busy lately, first the MACRO APO-LANTHAR 65 mm F 2 was released about six months ago and now another interesting launch earlier this month at the CP+ show in Japan this month, and this is especially interesting for me since I was at the Cosina factory last week (planning on posting something on this when I get some more time).

The working distance is 13,7 in vs the old 125mm SL's 14.9. I am glad Cosina went with 110mm.

Interesting that this lens is E-mount only for now, but thats okay since I have a Sony body, but that is a little surprising.

Press release from Cosina, translation by google translator below.

http://www.cosina.co.jp/cp2018/CP2018%20.pdf

Apo-lanthar (APO) is particularly high performance in Voigtlander lenses The title that is given to the product.

The Sony E-mount image sensor is optimized for MACRO Apo-lanthar 110mm F 2.5, which covers the image sensor. In the digital era, the medium-telephoto, which thoroughly eliminated the obstacle of image quality, including chromatic aberration, Macro Lens.

The maximum magnification is achieved by doubling (shooting distance 35cm).
Extremely excellent images from the shortest distance to distant motifs by adopting a floating structure Provide quality.

The main specifications:

Focal length: 110mm
diaphragm blades: 10
Max F-2.5
minimum shooting distance: 35cm
Minimum F = F22 maximum
diameter x length ? 78.4 × 99.7 mm
Click Stop 1/3
filter diameter ? 58mm
Lens Configuration 12 Group 14
mount E-mount (full size)
Angle of view 22.6 ° other electronic contact
Release date and Price: undecided

dickb

Post by dickb »

From sonyalpharumors.com

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Thanks for the add Dick.

I try to stay away from rumor sites so I missed that version.

Sometimes the rumor sites do have good info but I find most of the time they post anything try to get visits that might result in a click on an affiliate links to generate commission percentage.

Robert

dickb

Post by dickb »

I don't know anything about other rumor sites, but I find the Sony one to have some interesting info at times. Such as a link to this spanish language blog of someone using the 110mm Voigtlaender:

https://www.albedomedia.com/pruebas/voi ... -muestras/

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

dickb wrote:I don't know anything about other rumor sites, but I find the Sony one to have some interesting info at times. Such as a link to this spanish language blog of someone using the 110mm Voigtlaender:

https://www.albedomedia.com/pruebas/voi ... -muestras/
Good link, thanks!

The side-by-side shot with the 110 and 65 is a surprise, I didn't expect that they would be that close.

Robert

dickb

Post by dickb »

RobertOToole wrote:The side-by-side shot with the 110 and 65 is a surprise, I didn't expect that they would be that close.
The 65mm has fairly deeply recessed front lens, the 110mm doesn't. That may explain the large size of the 65mm. If I'm not mistaken the 65mm doesn't have floating elements and the 110mm does, so the helicoid in the 65mm may need to be relatively large.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

dickb wrote:
RobertOToole wrote:The side-by-side shot with the 110 and 65 is a surprise, I didn't expect that they would be that close.
The 65mm has fairly deeply recessed front lens, the 110mm doesn't. That may explain the large size of the 65mm. If I'm not mistaken the 65mm doesn't have floating elements and the 110mm does, so the helicoid in the 65mm may need to be relatively large.
Yes, right about the front element on the 65/2.

From what I was told the 65 does have a floating element system as does the 110.

This image that shows the layout on the 65. All the elements except from the rear group are all low dispersion. I asked lots of questions about it when I was in Japan. I am in the process of creating a page on the 65/2 (110/2.5) for my site now.

dickb

Post by dickb »

Indeed, the 65mm does have floating elements, I was mixing up some lens data. Fascinating to see the inner workings of such an intricate lens.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic