Gauging Interest

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ray_parkhurst

Gauging Interest

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Hello fellow photomacrographers!

Like most folks I have built up a stack of excess items through completion or abandonment of various projects, and it is time to clean house. Rather than listing it all I thought I'd give a general list to see if folks have interest in more specific listings. Here is what I have to offer:

Precision ground T-beam aluminum beams. I have two sizes, I believe ~16" and ~20", but need to remeasure to be sure. Big and heavy with precision ground orthoganal mounting surfaces. I thought about integrating vertical stepper systems with these but ended up doing piecemeal assemblies instead.

Bausch & Lomb Stereo and StereoZoom pods. These pods are excess from various systems I purchased, generally for the use of the stands for coin photo setups. I have Stereo-1, Stereo-2, and StereoZoom 2/3/4/5?/6/7 units. I have sold the reject ones to a dealer who refurbishes them, so what I have left are the nicer units.

Nikon and other manual stages. I purchased these originally to automate them for Z-stage use, but then I discovered the utility of the THK KR stages and the mjkzz voice coil stage and do not need these any more.

Stepper Motors. I have several types, mostly NEMA 17, both 200 and 400 step types. Also a couple NEMA 23, maybe some NEMA 14. Some single shaft, some dual shaft.

Tomioka 32mm lenses. I have a few of these left. These were reviewed by RobertOToole and are pretty nice around 3:1, which is a nice range to be optimized for.

105mm Printing-Nikkors. I have a few of these left. Not cheap but if you want one I have known-good ones.

Tominon E36 58mm and 86mm repro lenses. Sharp lenses.

Bausch & Lomb 15x Ultra Widefield eyepieces. The best 15x eyepieces ever made for 23mm systems. Also have 10x, 12.5x, 15x, 20x, and 33x in Bausch & Lomb, plus some really nice 25x AO that have much wider eye relief and useability than you would expect from such high power.

Bausch & Lomb Boom stands. Older types with round bases. Heavy.

Nikon 200mm f/4 prime lenses. Somehow I ended up with several of these. I have at least 2 AIS and 1 AI converted QC.

Nikon Binocular Head and Vertical illuminator. Came from a wafer inspection microscope with BD objectives. Half-mirror is working well. Needs some TLC.

Plus tons of other stuff. PM me if any of the above is of interest.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I highly recommend these Printing Nikkors from Ray. They are the best lenses for 1:1 and this is a rare chance to get a known-good one. I bought one from Ray a while back and it has become my favorite lens.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Like Lou, awhile back I also got a Printing Nikkor PN105mm f2.8A from Ray. It's also one of my favorite lenses.

Using Lou's clever idea of keeping the Nikkor at it's highly optimized 1X design point and using a high quality teleconverter to move the magnification from 1X to 1.4, 1.7 & 2X works very well I might add.

If your into serious IQ around 0.6~2X this is one of the best lenses for this range, see Marks evaluation.

http://coinimaging.com/lens_tests_new.html?

Best,

Mike
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic