Edmund Optics catalog has much info about macro

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Edmund Optics catalog has much info about macro

Post by rjlittlefield »

Many thanks to Gene Cooper <info@gigamacro.com> for providing the following info:
We work with a number of products from Edmunds Optics in constructing the Magnify2 and they send us catalogs regularly. Most other catalogs go straight in the trash can, but not so with the new one from Edmunds has fully a quarter of the pages taken up with usual information related to macro photography. You can view it online or download a pdf for desktop viewing. I have it in my document folder for easy access! The download is sneakily hidden until you hover in the top of the page, under the menu!

Edmunds also has a Youtube Channel with videos that explain many of the topics and build upon the written information.

You'll find videos on lots of topics:

Field of View
Working Distance
Resolution

and a really good video on Telecentricity, a topic that we find folks have many questions about. Most are only a few minutes in length and for me make nice lunchtime viewing (though the Grand Tour often wins out, till the season ends :-( ) There are many, many more useful instructional videos in the Edmunds channel, do check them out.
For future reference, the link goes to catalog number V173A. I recently received a paper copy of V173B which appears similar but does not appear to be online yet.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic