www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Sold - Nikon Shadowgraph X-Y-(Z) stage
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sold - Nikon Shadowgraph X-Y-(Z) stage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nussknacker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Sold - Nikon Shadowgraph X-Y-(Z) stage Reply with quote

I just came across this item:

Nikon 6C Shadowgraph precision XYZ table

https://www.ebay.com/itm/nikon-6c-shadow-graph-precision-xyz-table-cnc-3d-printer-lotmeq9032-/312017619753?rmvSB=true

I do have this precise stage and I am very happy with it. X/Y adjustment is 0.001 mm, Z adjustment is 2 mm per turn with a large wheel (uncalibrated). It weighs a ton. The photographs show a need for a bit of oil and cleaning, but basically it is extremely well build.
I would buy it but seller does not ship to South Africa. I use mine for a Canon with MP-E 65 and sometimes bellows and microscope objectives.

I have no connection to the seller and don't know anything about the condition of the item on sale. Found it by chance and thought I would let you know.

------------

Regards,

Ulrich

Last edited by Nussknacker on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how "Z" works, but X Y and rotation look very much the same as on the base of some Measurescopes. Yes I can confirm that it's a great base. They are, fortunately for me, so heavy that shipping is a problem. Nobody else put in a bid on the one I collected.
Nussknacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisR wrote:
I'm not sure how "Z" works, but X Y and rotation look very much the same as on the base of some Measurescopes. Yes I can confirm that it's a great base. They are, fortunately for me, so heavy that shipping is a problem. Nobody else put in a bid on the one I collected.

Chris,

the Z-axis is driven by a large wheel on the right hand side. Its function was to bring the item to be measured into sharp focus on the projection screen. The fine adjustment X/Y controls were there to bring the focussed shadow (projection) of the item into the correct position. Then you would measure the greatly enlarged projection of said item. So the Z-axiz did not measure anything and didn't need to be calibrated.

Ulrich
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. By the way it says 25mm on X and Y, my base is 50mm each axis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: