www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Going a touch mad, Missus getting agitated, help required
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Going a touch mad, Missus getting agitated, help required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onamatappear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Going a touch mad, Missus getting agitated, help required Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
Please forgive my ignorance on this subject but I have just recently inherited a collection of items. They are big, heavy and taking up space much to the annoyance of the boss
I have done some research but it feels like I’m learning a whole new language and have become quite baffled which is why I’m reaching out.
I have taken lots of pictures of all items and was wondering what they are, what they do, which items go with which, which items are missing bits.
I’m now at a loss do any help would be appreciated .
All pics are here
https://easyzoom.com/profile/1103
Thanks in advance
Alan Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of interesting Reichert and Zeiss bits, but no objectives and therefore no complete microscopes.

There is a sale of used microscopes etcetera in Earley (just outside Reading) on Saturday 10th March:
Reading Convention 2018

There is no charge for sellers, and there will be lots of amateur microscopists looking for bits and pieces at reasonable prices.

Alan Wood
enricosavazzi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fig. 51-54 seems to be a 1x objective for a (Zeiss?) measuring microscope. It cannot be used on a normal microscope with rotating turret.

Fig. 61-63 is an early Zeiss Universal, but no stage, no condenser and no objective head (unless they are in some other pictures and I missed them).

Fig. 20-22 is the standof a Zeiss Standard, but I don't know the exact model. Some other user of this forum can probably help.

I am fairly sure that there is also a Zeiss Ultraphot stand among the pictures, one of the largest table-top microscopes made by Zeiss. See e.g. http://www.the-ultraphot-shop.org.uk/

As a whole, lots of items that could fetch some money if sold separately on eBay, but it will take quite a lot of work and time to sell it. You will also need help in evaluating the condition of each piece in order not to misrepresent it in the description of the items (some of them may look fine, but be unusable). An alternative is advertising it "as is", but at a really low price. You might try to sell everything as a single lot, but for such heavy stuff the shipment costs will be substantial and there will be few takers. More practical, perhaps, to advertise each microscope frame for itself, and the small stuff as a single lot. Other users may be able to suggest reasonable prices (or make an offer, and perhaps even be able to come and look at the items).

The pieces are not enough to build one complete microscope out of them. It looks like much of the good (=sufficiently expensive and small enough to easily sell on eBay) bits have already been removed, and only the heaviest stuff remains.
grgh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: bits and bobs Reply with quote

Pm sent.
Zeiss PMII
Nikon smz660 stereo
bluefish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening
I have 4 zeiss microscopes and I can make my contribution:
74 - 68 and 66 are ZEISS Nosepiece for UNIVERSAL microscope or PHOTOMICROSCOPE. ZEISS WEST GERMANY photos 62 and 63. Depending on the price, and condition, I will be buyer of one or two nosepiece.

75 and 64 are zeiss KPL eyepieces corrected for ZEISS WEST GERMANY lenses

18 and 19 are light bulbs for ZEISS STANDARD microscopes from photos 20 and 22

69 and 70 are PLAN objectives of ZEISS WEST GERMANY

These microscopes and accessories are about 40-50 years old and can still be used with 160 mm optics. It is very robust material that can be used for a very long time but it must be dismantled and cleaned before putting it back into service if it has been left for a long time without being used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: