Difference mitutoyo plan apo and mitutoyo bd plan apo

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

hawoodrose

Difference mitutoyo plan apo and mitutoyo bd plan apo

Post by hawoodrose »

Hi there,

I looking for a mitutoyo lens since long time, and i have a question. I want to know what is the difference between the mitutoyo 20x plan apo 0.42 and the mitutoyo BD plan apo 0,42 ?

I know the BD is the brightfield-darkfield version , with the ring opening around the front element which allows the annular illumination for DF microscopy.

But i want to know if optically this is the same, i see that's a little bit more cheap than the 'normal' version on eBay...

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer and for you time !

See you

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

The specifications (including the resolution) are the same for both. See:
http://www.mitutoyo.com/wp-content/uplo ... 010611.pdf

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

hawoodrose, welcome aboard!

Yes, the BD should be optically equivalent to the normal version.

Internal details of the lenses may be different. Mitutoyo changes the details of their optical formulation from time to time even for "exactly" the same lens, that is, the same magnification and model number. But from a performance standpoint, BD optics should act the same as non-BD.

--Rik

RobertOToole

Re: Difference mitutoyo plan apo and mitutoyo bd plan apo

Post by RobertOToole »

hawoodrose wrote:Hi there,

I looking for a mitutoyo lens since long time, and i have a question. I want to know what is the difference between the mitutoyo 20x plan apo 0.42 and the mitutoyo BD plan apo 0,42 ?

I know the BD is the brightfield-darkfield version , with the ring opening around the front element which allows the annular illumination for DF microscopy.

But i want to know if optically this is the same, i see that's a little bit more cheap than the 'normal' version on eBay...

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer and for you time !

See you
Hi hawoodrose

I own both DB Plan and M Plan Mitutoyos, I find the results are identical so I would say optically they are the same, both are excellent.

Agree with Rik that there are probably updates to the lenses over time.

Hope this helps.

Robert

concon

Post by concon »

Glad to see you're reconsidering the Mitutoyos - you'll be much better off grabbing a BD or M, whichever is cheaper, over a Motic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic