Corylus, female flowerbud

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Rudi

Corylus, female flowerbud

Post by Rudi »

Canon 5DIII canon mpe at 4x f5,6 1/100 iso100, diffused flash, stepsize +/-0,1mm, 68 shots stacked in Zerene and retouched from DMap.

C&C welcomed

Always looking at the bright side of life,
Kr, Rudi

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Looks very nice. I suspect that you could have got a bit more detail in the peach-colored area on the largest bud scale on the right (and other similar flat-looking areas) by retouching that from the PMax image, or by using a different value for the DMap parameter. Just a guess, since I don't know what's really there.

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Lou Jost wrote:Looks very nice. I suspect that you could have got a bit more detail in the peach-colored area on the largest bud scale on the right (and other similar flat-looking areas) by retouching that from the PMax image, or by using a different value for the DMap parameter. Just a guess, since I don't know what's really there.
Thanks for your input Lou. I used DMap with ER 5 and SR 2. Tried a DMap with ER 10 and SR5, not very much difference though !
PMax looks less contrasty. I think the individual files have more detail than the end result, specially in the areas you mention. Will take another look tomorrow.
Stacked from Jpeg out off camera. Basic curves adjustment after stacking.
No sharpening added, this could maybe do the trick ???
Kr, Rudi

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I think this is not an issue of general sharpening. It is too localized. The upper parts of the bud are perfect.

The parameters you mentioned weren't the ones I was referring to. I meant the slider that goes from 0 to 100% halfway through the DMap.

I'm surprised you said the PMax output was less contrasty. That's never the case for me. I would suggest trying to retouch those soft patches in your image with the PMax output; use a big brush and just go over the whole patch.

Rudi

Post by Rudi »

Thanks Lou.
The pecentile in the DMap used was set to 62%.

I will try the retouch as you suggested.
Kr, Rudi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic