www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Yet another "exotic" lens
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Yet another "exotic" lens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harisA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Yet another "exotic" lens Reply with quote

After various strange lens (x-ray , stepper lenses ,scanner lenses etc)presented here from "glass junkie" users -myself included- is time for a new candidate.

It is marked ELH-N070 and a google search reveals that is used on a professional Konica copier/scanner machine It has a rather strange design with a big front element of about 60mm and a small back element of 17mm. By using it reversely it can provide a magnification of 3x-5x with a working distance off 6-8cm.This was a part of a rough test without a camera so I can't comment on image quality.
if SOMEONE knows more about it he is welcome to post it here.
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
working distance off 6-8cm
cm? or mm?
harisA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ''cm'' scale but my test was very rough using a led torch and projecting its real image on a white screen .
RobertOToole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Yet another "exotic" lens Reply with quote

Hi harisA,

Glad to see someone with one of these finally. Looking forward to seeing how this one performs.

There has been a similar lens on US Ebay for at least one year but its not cheap at $45 and there is no make an offer option.

US eBay item number:272169013954

Robert
harisA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert

Although I have experience mounting various types of lenses this one requires a lot of work due to huge front element.From what I understand it scans various types of film and then project directly on paper like a typical enlarger lens.It may be suitable for large format cameras due to huge image circle.
I have seen the ebay listing.Seller may accept a lower price through message.The way this lens is made indicates a much higher production price.

Haris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: