Advanced control of MT-24EX??

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

dbur

Advanced control of MT-24EX??

Post by dbur »

Hi,

I would like to configure the flash to take two shots in rapid sequence with the A flash firing for the first and the B flash for the second.

I'm not sure the controls can support this type of operation. Any other ways to do this other than building my own flash controls?

Thanks.

hero

Post by hero »

This is not possible, either for a single exposure, or for two successive exposures. There is no means to control the order in which the units are triggered. You can control the ratio of light output in half-stop increments up to 3 full stops, and you can suppress one or the other units from firing.

If you wish to take one exposure with the A flash and the second with the B flash only, the only way to do this is manually. There is no programmable setting to alternate between the two units for each shot.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

The circuit shown here should be able to do what you mentioned.

https://www.photomacrography.net/forum/ ... hp?t=36356

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Mike, I'm missing something. The MT-24EX has two flash heads, but a single integrated controller. I don't know of any ports on it that could connect to the outputs of your circuit to provide staggered triggering of the two heads. Can you explain your thinking in more detail?

--Rik

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

rjlittlefield wrote:Mike, I'm missing something. The MT-24EX has two flash heads, but a single integrated controller. I don't know of any ports on it that could connect to the outputs of your circuit to provide staggered triggering of the two heads. Can you explain your thinking in more detail?

--Rik
Rik,

Don't have a MT-24EX, nor ever used or even seen one, so I'm guessing that each flash can be triggered separately, if I'm wrong then completely disregard the following.

The main trigger source output would trigger the first flash and the delay circuit (delay input wired in parallel with first flash trigger input) simultaneously. The delay circuit is triggered on the falling edge like the flash (another assumption on my part), the delay circuit output after a settable delay then triggers the second flash.

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

lonepal

Post by lonepal »

The main trigger source output would trigger the first flash and the delay circuit (delay input wired in parallel with first flash trigger input) simultaneously. The delay circuit is triggered on the falling edge like the flash (another assumption on my part), the delay circuit output after a settable delay then triggers the second flash.
You need to modify the cables of the heads to make this work and it will never be like the original again. Because the MT24-EX is a very expensive flash I would think twice before doing that :)
Regards.
Omer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic