www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Clearing/Deleting duplicate photos uploaded?
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Clearing/Deleting duplicate photos uploaded?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks much better. No obvious radial CA.

--Rik
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess slightly better optics make a difference.

Mike
Chris S.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
As the title says, need help on deleting multiple copies of same photo uploaded to gallery (obviously in error!). . . .

rjlittlefield wrote:
As far as I know, the forum software provides no mechanism for deleting uploaded images.

Mike wrote:
. . . but how does one delete photos from a gallery? Or are they there for eternity?

Mike wrote:
I am apparently not explaining the dilemma properly - I can see the photos in the gallery, but A. cannot delete them (there are triplicates of at least one, and B. cannot load any additional photos.

. . . if you would, please just erase any photos added in the last week to my gallery. . . .

Mike wrote:
I appreciate this may be a minor point, but being a bit (!) OCD I hate having those duplicate/triplicate images taking up room.

Mike,

I think your "Point B." has been covered--there are no limits to how many pictures you can upload, so long as each picture conforms to our forum's size standards.

But regarding your point "A," some time ago, I did find a way for an administrator to delete unused images from a user's gallery. Until now, I used this only to keep my own gallery clean. Per your request, I've just now removed unused images from your gallery as well. I completely understand the mindset that makes a person like you or me want to keep our galleries clean; this said, the amount of space used by un-posted images is pretty small; probably not worth much time or trouble from the admin team; so I hope that very few forum members will request this. (I'll share this protocol with the rest of the admin team--did not know it was a private find within forum software.

Cheers!

--Chris S.
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your complete and cogent response - having started with computers rather early on (worked with mainframe IBM 1401 system starting in the mid-60s' and being an early adopter of personal computers (Sinclair/Apple I, etc.) learned early to be specially rigorous of storage capacity usage and find it a hard habit to break.

My current computers have terabytes of capacity, but I still regularly 'weed out' dated/useless files - blame that on my OCD personality!

At any rate, with the cleanup of my gallery and the advice there is more than enough space, I will blithely add photos as required for my posts.

BTW - note you are listed as being in OH - I am in Chardon, SE of Cleveland.

Thanks to you and all the moderators for your mostly unacknowledged efforts.

All the best,
Mike

ps - having literally had the lenses in my eyes replaced (the second one this morning) hoping to be improving my microphotographs!
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(I'll share this protocol with the rest of the admin team--did not know it was a private find within forum software.
Found it! Very Happy
Very slow to use, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: