Flare in images

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

soldevilla

Flare in images

Post by soldevilla »

Maybe it's my perception, but retouching with Zerene the areas in which the flare has occupied the areas around the highlights, even though the individual images evidently do not show flare, there is always a loss of contrast in that area that is very difficult to recover, trying to "cheat" by saving stacked images of 2 individual images and using Photoshop. There is no way to adjust the hardness of the touch-up application?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

It would help to see an example of what you're talking about, both the stacked output that you're trying to retouch, and the individual images.

Hardness of the brushes depends on which brush you're using. The default "Details" brush does not have a hardness adjustment that you can control. It is automatically hard for fine detail, less hard for larger detail, as discussed at http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 5715#85715. The 'Pixels" brush does have adjustable hardness, with a slider control very much like Photoshop's clone brush.

--Rik

soldevilla

Post by soldevilla »

Hi. Because I no save the work steps I not have now an example. I will save next time I find this effect. But in your link there is a perfect example

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/u ... 0pct_1.jpg

After read your link, I have a better idea that how Zerene work. The final picture need some post work in Photoshop... It will be fine if Zerene Allow me to save individual, aligned images. But I can stack two adjacent images and save, and use this image in PS

About brushes, I not have the Pro version...I have only the default brushes.

Thanks!

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

soldevilla wrote:It will be fine if Zerene Allow me to save individual, aligned images.
This is provided at File > Save Other > Save Adjusted Input Images.

But it is another Pro-only feature.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic