WTB Zeiss DUC Prism Holder

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

neurodoc

WTB Zeiss DUC Prism Holder

Post by neurodoc »

Does anyone have a prism holder to remove and install DIC prisms for the 46285-9901 Inko turrent condensers? If you have one to sell, feel free to PM me. Thanks! :)
Man sieht nur, was man weiss--Goethe

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Is this one the tool you want?
The part number is at the bag, but could not be the original bag
Pau

neurodoc

Post by neurodoc »

Thanks for posting the pictures. I really don't know if that's the correct tool, but maybe it is. They keyed end could be for the slotted prism rings and the threaded end for the snap in prism rings (which I need for the "two arrow" condenser. I have both condensers and the "single arrow" one has slotted prism rings that you can remove with an adjustable lens spanner...

I guess I could contact Zeiss and ask about the part #.

Thanks!

Eddie

Post by Eddie »

In the two arrow DIC condenser, the DIC rings are held in tight with a rubber ring and the DIC plates can just be popped out and in with pressure.

neurodoc

Post by neurodoc »

Thanks Eddie.

I know the cover is held in place with a rubber plug, but I thought the prism rings were held by some sort of metal spring clip. I didn't want to try forcing them out by hand for fear of cracking the prisms, but maybe that's what I'll have to try. I did see a picture of the tool on a recent eBay listing, where a prism, a slider, and an objective spacer were being sold.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic