Shapes

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Saul

Shapes

Post by Saul »

COSTCO chicken wrap aluminum foil stereo in BW

Saul
μ-stuff

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Quoting my wife, "Oh weird -- photographing into all those little holes!"

This is a very cool image.

Not only does the stereo reveal a fascinating structure, but the stereo pair -- presented with no separation between the L/R images -- makes an interesting and almost seamless wide panorama, almost like two repetitions of a wallpaper pattern.

Very nice!

--Rik

Saul

Post by Saul »

rjlittlefield wrote:Quoting my wife, "Oh weird -- photographing into all those little holes!"

This is a very cool image.

Not only does the stereo reveal a fascinating structure, but the stereo pair -- presented with no separation between the L/R images -- makes an interesting and almost seamless wide panorama, almost like two repetitions of a wallpaper pattern.

Very nice!

--Rik
Thanks Rik !
I was worried a little bit because of no separation - it could cause problem seeing stereo correctly.
Saul
μ-stuff

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Initially the lack of separation struck me as a bad idea. Then when I actually went cross-eyed to fuse the stereo I discovered that, for this pair, the lack of separation caused no problem with fusion. And then when I went back to normal view, I realized that I liked the pair as a single wide image. So, it's been a bit of a roller-coaster ride -- I never knew what perception I was going to get next!

--Rik

Sumguy01

Post by Sumguy01 »

:D Very interesting.
Thanks for sharing.

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Fascinating and wonderful image. :D Bravo, Saul!

I do find it harder to fuse than most cross-eyed stereo pairs. Struggled quite a bit at first. It got easier with each of the four or five times I came back to it later through the day and evening. With my eyes now somewhat trained on the image, it's easier for me to fuse than it was at first, but still much harder than for most cross-eyed pairs.

Suspect that a bit of separation would make it easier for some of us. And this image is definitely worth seeing!

--Chris S.

Saul

Post by Saul »

Thank you all for your kind comments !

With separation

Saul
μ-stuff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic