www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - 4X Test - Any Advice?
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4X Test - Any Advice?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobertOToole

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray_parkhurst wrote:
I have configured several systems with Tominons. I pick them up when they are in good shape and going cheap, so have a box full of 17's, 35's, 50's, 75's, 105's, and a few 135's. Plus I have a few Rodenstock Eurygon 35's. They're good lenses but have that pesky 40mm Copal thread. Usually it makes sense to make the system ALL MP3/4-based because of this. I even had Raf make me some Vivitar adapters that go from the 48mm dovetail on the Vivitar bellows to M40, to minimize and simplify adapting. It allows the Vivitar bellows to be short enough to frame a Lincoln Cent with the 50mm, which is a fairly nice lens.

Good info Ray, thanks.

Raf is the best, he is very helpful and generous with his time. That is Rafcamera: https://www.rafcamera.com/ FYI.

Robert
ray_parkhurst

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks for the link and kudos to Raf. He has made several adapters for me that made life easier. I even had him make a bunch of RMS lens caps that are quite nice for objectives that I don't have cases for. He always gives a good price and quick service.
Yawns

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 4X Test - Any Advice? Reply with quote

[quote="RobertOToole"]
lothman wrote:
RobertOToole wrote:
Suggestions, ideas, recommendations?

I already finished shooting and I am now processing the images. Sad

Robert

hello,
when you publish your results please post a picture of every lens (a group picture of course)

so many times for newbies like me is very hard to figure exactly of what lens you guys are talking about... because google search returns lots of different resuts (some very silly) and for many lenses there many cosmetic variatins, or different models with the same designation...

Thank you

António
RobertOToole

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 4X Test - Any Advice? Reply with quote

[quote="Yawns"]
RobertOToole wrote:
lothman wrote:
RobertOToole wrote:
Suggestions, ideas, recommendations?

I already finished shooting and I am now processing the images. Sad

Robert

hello,
when you publish your results please post a picture of every lens (a group picture of course)

so many times for newbies like me is very hard to figure exactly of what lens you guys are talking about... because google search returns lots of different resuts (some very silly) and for many lenses there many cosmetic variatins, or different models with the same designation...

Thank you

António

I did post images of every lens, also I included part numbers and descriptions. :-)

It is up now:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36028
RobertOToole

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part one of the 4x test is up now:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36028

and on my site:

https://www.closeuphotography.com/4x-lens-test/part-one-4x-for-less-than-100-dollars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: