WeMacro continuous light delay

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

ChrisR wrote:I just checked the phone - the vertical scale ( 5m/s² per division above) will expand to 0.002 m/s² per division.
ChrisR,

I just tried it again. When I zoom way, way in--such that the graphs are constantly jagged from what I presume to be random noise within the iPod's accelerometer hardware/software--then I can sometimes see what look like slightly bigger jags that may correspond with mirror and shutter movement. But these typically exceed the noise so little that their use is questionable. So for me, this accelerometer would need to be an order of magnitude or more quieter to give much a useful information about my rig. But my rig is probably one of the more solid ones out there.

--Chris S.

Saul

Post by Saul »

Chris S. wrote:
ChrisR wrote:I just checked the phone - the vertical scale ( 5m/s² per division above) will expand to 0.002 m/s² per division.
ChrisR,

I just tried it again. When I zoom way, way in--such that the graphs are constantly jagged from what I presume to be random noise within the iPod's accelerometer hardware/software--then I can sometimes see what look like slightly bigger jags that may correspond with mirror and shutter movement. But these typically exceed the noise so little that their use is questionable. So for me, this accelerometer would need to be an order of magnitude or more quieter to give much a useful information about my rig. But my rig is probably one of the more solid ones out there.

--Chris S.

Two tests - iPhone 6 & Samsung S4, 1/30 mirror/shutter vibrations. Much more better results are coming from the Samsung. With iPhone zooming can be done in both axes only. Samsung - each axis separately. And even with free version I got nice graph. With iPhone I had to use low pass filter

iPhone 6

Samsung S4
Saul
μ-stuff

Yawns

Post by Yawns »

Chris S. wrote: Yawns, are you certain you were not using a 4 second exposure after a 1 second exposure delay?

What do the long, straight diagonal lines designate? .... Is there some other motion being measured? Or are we seeing some limitation in the accelerometers or software?

--Chris S.
You're right .. my mistake .. the camera was set to 4" exposure

I guess that long diagonal is the software going nuts ... the phone was not using the breaks for sure :)

I was also puzzled by the green line being near to the 10 value all the time ... for the Zaxys... then I thought .. GRAVITY . :) . 9,8m/s^2

---

I repeated tonight .. this time I was very carefull .. just started to measure almost 90" after I touched the phone to start the process ...
and I checked the exposure in the camera ..
3 " exposure with exposure delay (remote cable to trigger)
the phone is simply layed on the bellows ..

My phone is a low end LG .. only has acelerometer .. I have a tablet with much better hardware and all the stuff.. girocope, magnetoscope etc.. but's to heavy I guess .. just layed on the bellows measures nothing...

YAWNS _ (Y)et (A)nother (W)onderful (N)ewbie (S)hooting

Yawns

Post by Yawns »

anyway, when I shoot with continuous light I aim to 1" to 2" exposures.. I guess I will dim the lights and try 3" to 4" in the coming times :)

:) :) the day I entered the mall knowing nothing about photography or cameras and I came out with a Nikon starter kit only because the Canon kit was offering a shorter Zoom... :) and I started to aquire more stuff around the Nikon system

I should be shot dead... :)

no EFCS, no Magic Lantern, no MPE-65, no reverse rings with electric contacts , no this, no that ... even so many third part things only exist for Canon...unfortunately Nikon doesn't cares a sausage anymore about macrophotography .... and we have to be some sort of McGyvers :)
YAWNS _ (Y)et (A)nother (W)onderful (N)ewbie (S)hooting

Saul

Post by Saul »

As promised, diagram for the LED light delay assembly.
If single action is used (no MUP), bistable relay is not necessary.
Power supply for the assembly is not shown, WeMacro PS can be used or other separate PS. My assembly still has no bistable relay, still traveling from China.

Saul
μ-stuff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic