4X Test - Any Advice?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

ray_parkhurst wrote:I have configured several systems with Tominons. I pick them up when they are in good shape and going cheap, so have a box full of 17's, 35's, 50's, 75's, 105's, and a few 135's. Plus I have a few Rodenstock Eurygon 35's. They're good lenses but have that pesky 40mm Copal thread. Usually it makes sense to make the system ALL MP3/4-based because of this. I even had Raf make me some Vivitar adapters that go from the 48mm dovetail on the Vivitar bellows to M40, to minimize and simplify adapting. It allows the Vivitar bellows to be short enough to frame a Lincoln Cent with the 50mm, which is a fairly nice lens.
Good info Ray, thanks.

Raf is the best, he is very helpful and generous with his time. That is Rafcamera: https://www.rafcamera.com/ FYI.

Robert

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Yes, thanks for the link and kudos to Raf. He has made several adapters for me that made life easier. I even had him make a bunch of RMS lens caps that are quite nice for objectives that I don't have cases for. He always gives a good price and quick service.

Yawns

Re: 4X Test - Any Advice?

Post by Yawns »

RobertOToole wrote:
lothman wrote:
RobertOToole wrote:Suggestions, ideas, recommendations?
I already finished shooting and I am now processing the images. :(

Robert
hello,
when you publish your results please post a picture of every lens (a group picture of course)

so many times for newbies like me is very hard to figure exactly of what lens you guys are talking about... because google search returns lots of different resuts (some very silly) and for many lenses there many cosmetic variatins, or different models with the same designation...

Thank you

António
YAWNS _ (Y)et (A)nother (W)onderful (N)ewbie (S)hooting

RobertOToole

Re: 4X Test - Any Advice?

Post by RobertOToole »

Yawns wrote:
RobertOToole wrote:
lothman wrote:
RobertOToole wrote:Suggestions, ideas, recommendations?
I already finished shooting and I am now processing the images. :(

Robert
hello,
when you publish your results please post a picture of every lens (a group picture of course)

so many times for newbies like me is very hard to figure exactly of what lens you guys are talking about... because google search returns lots of different resuts (some very silly) and for many lenses there many cosmetic variatins, or different models with the same designation...

Thank you

António
I did post images of every lens, also I included part numbers and descriptions. :-)

It is up now:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=36028

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic