www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Laser aiming and focus in photomacrography
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Laser aiming and focus in photomacrography
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tevans9129

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea, thanks for all the info. I am a beginner in this macro photography process and finding the subject through the viewfinder has been very frustrating for me, this should help immensely. Just came from my shop and everything is done just waiting for a battery holder. Thanks again, happy I found this forum. Ted
Chris S.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted, welcome to the forum! Very Happy

Thanks for letting me know the info was helpful. Makes me happy! (Thanks, too, to those who expressed kind words earlier in the thread. As the many contributors to this forum well understand, these are much-appreciated.)

tevans9129 wrote:
Just came from my shop and everything is done just waiting for a battery holder.

You have more patience than I do. I'd surely be taping batteries and wire together right now. . . . Very Happy enjoy your laser!

--Chris S.
tevans9129

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris S. wrote:
Ted, welcome to the forum! Very Happy

Thanks for letting me know the info was helpful. Makes me happy! (Thanks, too, to those who expressed kind words earlier in the thread. As the many contributors to this forum well understand, these are much-appreciated.)

tevans9129 wrote:
Just came from my shop and everything is done just waiting for a battery holder.

You have more patience than I do. I'd surely be taping batteries and wire together right now. . . . Very Happy enjoy your laser!

--Chris S.

Thanks for the welcome...I found this forum due to your bratcam article on another forum and so glad that I did. It is a great source for those of us that are ignorant of the macro part of photography.
Yawns

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so glad this post is on again.. looked for this before but couldn't find it ...

I got some laser diodes.. 1€ each (France.. not China) .. to make a laser pointer for the camera...
- 5V
- 650 nm
- 5 mW

the thing is.. i'm using a 4,5 V battery ...the beam looks fine when I point to a wall, even a distant wall ... but the beam coming out through the objective is very dim ... I only can see it over the insect in the dark .. mmmm. something is escaping to me here......
Chris S.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bargain, Yawns!

Yawns wrote:
. . . the beam looks fine when I point to a wall, even a distant wall ... but the beam coming out through the objective is very dim ... I only can see it over the insect in the dark .. mmmm. something is escaping to me here......

The beam will be darker after traveling through an objective that it would be simply shining on a wall. And the higher the magnification of the objective, the dimmer will be the beam. This said, I have no trouble using my laser (of the same output rating) even with my 100x/0.70 objective. For this, however, I do turn off the room lights.

--Chris S.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: