www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Tube lenses spinning my head !
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tube lenses spinning my head !
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou Jost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is always a cost vs benefit tradeoff. I still recommend the cheap Vivitar/Komine unless you need the very utmost in quality. I should add that my tests were on an MFT sensor so the difference might not even show up on a FF sensor with big pixels. And my tests were done with a reversed macro lens in front, not a microscope objective.

See here:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34607&sid=01494728317c2b0b3b9a03521de17c3a
Yawns

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this thread ... based on your opinions and info I just got a

Vivitar 135mm by Komine (M42) for 65 euros Smile (like 70USD maybe) and the lens is in very good condition ...

If no ther it's far more simple to use than the Raynox 250 (125mm) .. no more that bucket of adapters and tubes. ...

I was really after a "tube" lens able to do less than 170mm without vignette .. (all my other zooms do)

Thank you
microman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou Jost wrote:
Yes, there is always a cost vs benefit tradeoff. I still recommend the cheap Vivitar/Komine unless you need the very utmost in quality. I should add that my tests were on an MFT sensor so the difference might not even show up on a FF sensor with big pixels. And my tests were done with a reversed macro lens in front, not a microscope objective.

See here:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34607&sid=01494728317c2b0b3b9a03521de17c3a

Good stuff, thanks Smile
Really appriciate all the testing you guys in this forum do so the rest of us does
dont have to shell out $ hehe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: