www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - "The image appears to be damaged" - Helicon Focus
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"The image appears to be damaged" - Helicon Focus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cube-tube

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: "The image appears to be damaged" - Helicon Focus Reply with quote

Sometimes, when opening up a Helicon Focus DNG export into lightroom, I get the message "The image appears to be damaged". The file will open and I can edit it, but the preview seems to switch between two versions of itself randomly.

It only happens with depth map or weighted average, never pyramid.

Does anybody know what's going on?

Thanks
Smokedaddy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... are you on a Mac?
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know exactly what's going on.

I do know that DNG files generated by Helicon Focus have a much different format from ordinary DNG files generated by Lightroom or Adobe DNG converter from the same raw files. For example some D800E NEF's that I processed just now through Lightroom came out as 36.4 MB DNG from Lightroom, but 119 MB DNG as output from Helicon Focus.

I assume that what's happening to you is that the change-of-format being done by Helicon Focus is for some reason not acceptable to Lightroom. But why that would be true for depth map and weighted average, never pyramid, is a complete mystery.

In any case I'm sure that the folks at HeliconSoft would want to know about the problem, so they can fix it in future versions. I suggest to open a support ticket with them, or ask in their forums at http://www.heliconsoft.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15 .

--Rik
cube-tube

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright thanks for the suggestions Rik. I'll look into it.

Also, Smokedaddy, I'm on Windows 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: