www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Zeiss 46 52 85-9901 Condenser Schematic
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Zeiss 46 52 85-9901 Condenser Schematic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neurodoc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Zeiss 46 52 85-9901 Condenser Schematic Reply with quote

I'm considering adding a DIC prism to slot III which is now empty. I'd like instructions on how to insert a prism into that slot and also how to remove and exchange prisms in the other two slots. I've serviced other Zeiss turret condensers, including the older style for DIC, but I have no experience with this version. I searched but wasn't able to find anything on the internet, except a comment that the prisms "pop" out of their slots (instead of being screwed out). Any help would be appreciated. Question
Choronzon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need the tool that comes with the condenser. If you don't have one, maybe you can find something else that will thread into the bottom of the prism mount. They then pull straight out of the underside of the condenser cover.
Ichthyophthirius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, you can see it here, p. 17ff: http://www.science-info.net/docs/zeiss/Zeiss_Universal.pdf

The tool would make it easier. Without the tool, getting it in works well (gently push it in, wearing gloves, in the correct orientation); there is a little spring mechanism.

Turning it kind of works as well if you grap it with plastic (!!!) foreceps.

Getting it out is harder ...
neurodoc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! That Zeiss publication has exactly what I needed to know. I had no idea that dust cover was there...it makes it easy to get to the prisms without taking apart the turret. Do you just pry it off? I guess the "threaded tool" is just that...a threaded cylinder that screws into the prism housing, providing a grip so you can pull it out. Doubt I can find that item, but could probably make up a substitute if I can find something with the same size threads in my loose parts stockpile.
Choronzon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up using the bottom lens cell of a Leitz phase telescope!
Ichthyophthirius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

neurodoc wrote:
Do you just pry it off?

Yes, using your finger(nails). It's held in place simply by a block of rubber.
neurodoc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

[/quote]Yes, using your finger(nails). It's held in place simply by a block of rubber.[/quote]

Got it. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: