Zeiss 46 52 85-9901 Condenser Schematic

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

neurodoc

Zeiss 46 52 85-9901 Condenser Schematic

Post by neurodoc »

I'm considering adding a DIC prism to slot III which is now empty. I'd like instructions on how to insert a prism into that slot and also how to remove and exchange prisms in the other two slots. I've serviced other Zeiss turret condensers, including the older style for DIC, but I have no experience with this version. I searched but wasn't able to find anything on the internet, except a comment that the prisms "pop" out of their slots (instead of being screwed out). Any help would be appreciated. :?:
Man sieht nur, was man weiss--Goethe

Choronzon

Post by Choronzon »

You need the tool that comes with the condenser. If you don't have one, maybe you can find something else that will thread into the bottom of the prism mount. They then pull straight out of the underside of the condenser cover.
I am not young enough to know everything.

Ichthyophthirius

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

That's right, you can see it here, p. 17ff: http://www.science-info.net/docs/zeiss/ ... versal.pdf

The tool would make it easier. Without the tool, getting it in works well (gently push it in, wearing gloves, in the correct orientation); there is a little spring mechanism.

Turning it kind of works as well if you grap it with plastic (!!!) foreceps.

Getting it out is harder ...

neurodoc

Thanks!

Post by neurodoc »

Thanks for the info! That Zeiss publication has exactly what I needed to know. I had no idea that dust cover was there...it makes it easy to get to the prisms without taking apart the turret. Do you just pry it off? I guess the "threaded tool" is just that...a threaded cylinder that screws into the prism housing, providing a grip so you can pull it out. Doubt I can find that item, but could probably make up a substitute if I can find something with the same size threads in my loose parts stockpile.

Choronzon

Post by Choronzon »

I ended up using the bottom lens cell of a Leitz phase telescope!
I am not young enough to know everything.

Ichthyophthirius

Re: Thanks!

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

neurodoc wrote:Do you just pry it off?
Yes, using your finger(nails). It's held in place simply by a block of rubber.

neurodoc

Re: Thanks!

Post by neurodoc »

[/quote]Yes, using your finger(nails). It's held in place simply by a block of rubber.[/quote]

Got it. Thanks again!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic