OLYMPUS 20X LMPlan 0.40NA Inf./0 good with tube lens

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

gaconsooner

OLYMPUS 20X LMPlan 0.40NA Inf./0 good with tube lens

Post by gaconsooner »

Hi guys,

I'm intending to shoot butterfly scale and look for an effective 20X objective. Found this item on ebay with affordable price but don't know if it works on tube lens and DSLR

ANyone with experience please give me some advice

Many thanks

Image[/img]

harisA

Post by harisA »

This is a very good quality (plan fluor) objective with nice coverage (aps sensor) and great working distance. To obtain 20x magnification you will need a lens of 180mm focal length.This will also work fine with a 135mm lens on m4/3 sensors.

DavidG1980

Post by DavidG1980 »

What is the difference between the lmplanfl and lmplanfl N?
thanks

Macrero

Post by Macrero »

DavidG1980 wrote:What is the difference between the lmplanfl and lmplanfl N?
thanks
As far as I know the N (New?) objectives belongs to the UIS2 system series and the non-N objectives to the UIS series. No sure if there is some difference though, except (maybe) an improved coating in the N objectives.

I haven't tried the 20X, but I tried the UMPlanFl 5X/0.15 and the UPlanFl 10X/0.30 (both UIS). Performance is great, excellent resolution and very good correction, the only (but big) drawback is the coverage, which is far from perfect on APS-C sensor.

Best,

- Macrero
https://500px.com/macrero - Amateurs worry about equipment, Pros worry about money, Masters worry about Light

DavidG1980

Post by DavidG1980 »

Macrero wrote:
DavidG1980 wrote:What is the difference between the lmplanfl and lmplanfl N?
thanks
As far as I know the N (New?) objectives belongs to the UIS2 system series and the non-N objectives to the UIS series. No sure if there is some difference though, except (maybe) an improved coating in the N objectives.

I haven't tried the 20X, but I tried the UMPlanFl 5X/0.15 and the UPlanFl 10X/0.30 (both UIS). Performance is great, excellent resolution and very good correction, the only (but big) drawback is the coverage, which is far from perfect on APS-C sensor.

Best,

- Macrero
Thank you,
By coverage you mean coverage at 180mm? Charles images look amazing with it.
How does it perform away from 20x? is it still usable at ~15x up to ~x25?

Macrero

Post by Macrero »

DavidG1980 wrote: Thank you,
By coverage you mean coverage at 180mm? Charles images look amazing with it.
How does it perform away from 20x? is it still usable at ~15x up to ~x25?
David, that was regarding the 5X and 10X UIS objectives. As I said I haven't tried the Oly 20X, I have the Mitu 20/0.42 which works fabulously in pretty large magnification range. But Charles images with the LMPlanFl 20 looks indeed great, so it seems a good choice too.

- Macrero
https://500px.com/macrero - Amateurs worry about equipment, Pros worry about money, Masters worry about Light

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic