www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Specimen Holder
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Specimen Holder
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mawyatt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple items that are available from Wemacro or you can assemble one from components from eBay. The ball heads are available in many sizes and inexpensive, this is a small size.

Best,

Mike

anvancy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawns wrote:
I use a stage rather than a flexible arm .. I find it easier this way .. very easy to place a background...

the stage allows me to lay several diffusers very easy

for a specimen holder I use a ping-pong ball, cut in 2 halves, filled with plasticine (to make it heavy) and taped back to original position ... the ball over a metal ring ... this is a very chaeap way to have tilt and rotation virtually in any direction and makes tunning the insect positioning very easy

Can you please give some more inputs on that specific image where you have placed multiple sheets as diffusers and then a plastic tube type on the lens? How do you determine how many papers/sheets to use?

Thanks

Raynox 150|Raynox 250|Raynox MSN 202|Canon MPE 65mm|Canon 100mm.|Wemacro Rail
SrLobo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawns wrote:

for a specimen holder I use a ping-pong ball, cut in 2 halves, filled with plasticine (to make it heavy) and taped back to original position ... the ball over a metal ring ... this is a very chaeap way to have tilt and rotation virtually in any direction and makes tunning the insect positioning very easy

Thanks for this ping pong design I changed the interior to an old mouse ball, its heavy and being round it's always kept at the bottom.

I pierced the ball with a needle, covered the interior with some tape and hold it with some blue thing used to hold posters in the walls ( blutack )

Deanimator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my PVC creations:

It's somewhat obscured in this picture, but it gives you some idea. The platform is attached to a mini ballhead, that allows the angle to be adjusted in concert with the angle of the PVC piece onto which it's attached. The front legs ensure that it doesn't fall forward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: