www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - A different interpretation of my close-up photo
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A different interpretation of my close-up photo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: A different interpretation of my close-up photo Reply with quote

I posted a close-up photo of a lily in April in the Macro, close-up forum. This is the close-up photo I posted:

I been playing around with the Lab mode in Photoshop CS6 and decide I would use the above photo to see what I can produce.

I changed the mode of the above original photo from RGB to Lab. Then I made 6 duplicates of the file. I inverted the L channel in first duplicate file, the a channel in the second duplicate, and the b channel in the third duplicate file. Then I equalized the L channel in the forth duplicate file, the a channel in the fifth duplicate file,and then the b channel in the last sixth duplicate file.

I moved these six files into the above original RGB file as layers. I then created a total of 12 layers, 8 masks, and 4 adjustment layers to create a colorful version of the original photo. I did zero painting, only used the 6 files I created in Lab mode with many selections and masks.

Here is the resulting photo from playing with Lab creations:

This is only one version of combining these files. Other combinations of these layers could create different colors for the Pistil Stigma and Style, and Stamen Anther and Filament, and background petals.

I am curious as to what I can do with the Lab mode in Photoshop without resorting to painting.

Leon
Olympusman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Candy store Reply with quote

In my opinion these images defy the purity of images of this group. If you do a Google search of the species you entered, they would misdirect searchers for years to come, nor would they direct serious searches trying to identify serious searchers.
Last year I went o an art exhibit of out states arts society. She was a world traveler and had some amazing images. Unfortunately, she discovered Photoshop filters and converted her images downward.

Mike
LVF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

I have read this same comment several times.

Try something new next time.

Leon
Troels

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps there is a reason for calling this section "Nature Photography"?

There are hundreds of other photographic fora celebrating artistic creations of your own.

I like it this way.
May it be new or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: