Canon Bellows plastic prisms broken - replacement?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lothman

Canon Bellows plastic prisms broken - replacement?

Post by lothman »

Hi I got a Canon Bellows, but one of the plastic prisms is broken, the other is already cracked. Are the replacement parts available?

Edit: found this thread but can't see the pics
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... ows+repair

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

That's not the common one to break, so I probably have a replacement. I will check when I get home tonight. More common one to break is the camera standard, given the heavier loading.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

lothman...I have a replacement for the front standard bearing, but not for the rear standard. One option is to do what I did when my first CFD Bellows rear bearing broke...drill two holes through vertically and bolt the broken piece in place. Judging from your photos, it should be the unbroken side of the bearing that has the tightness adjustment screws, so you can bolt the broken side in place with no penalty. You might be able to bolt it to the sides of the standard as well.

Another option is to use a focuser bearing as a donor for the rear standard bearing. I have not done this, but the design looks similar, only twice as long. I have an extra focuser bearing as well.

Anyway, you have a couple options.

PM me with your address and I can send to you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic