Bellows help

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

stormfoxy

Bellows help

Post by stormfoxy »

Hello,
I recently joined this forum to aid me in my macro hobby.
I've been having a hard time figuring something out and was wondering if any advice could be available.

I have a sony a7ii and have been trying to figure out how to attach Nikon pb-6 bellows without much luck. The internet suggests using an extension tube or an adapter but I find both solutions don't work.

Anybody done this before who could guide me to a correct solution?

Thanks.

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Could you post more details? What adapters you tried and what didn't work and so

In principle a short Nikon extension tube (maybe not needed) and a Nikon to Sony E adapter should work.

BTW, welcome to the forum!
Pau

stormfoxy

Post by stormfoxy »

Pau wrote:Could you post more details? What adapters you tried and what didn't work and so

In principle a short Nikon extension tube (maybe not needed) and a Nikon to Sony E adapter should work.

BTW, welcome to the forum!
Okay so this may make more sense.
I screw my extension tubes into the pb6 bellows just fine however to attach to my camera body I would need the male thread side which I used to attach to the pb6.

Maybe some sort of m42 adapter that is male to male?

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

No, the Nikon bellows must have a Nikon F rear male mount, so you just need an adapter from Nikon F "lens" to Sony E mount camera, like most of the items at
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=n ... r&_sacat=0
Pau

stormfoxy

Post by stormfoxy »

Pau wrote:No, the Nikon bellows must have a Nikon F rear male mount, so you just need an adapter from Nikon F "lens" to Sony E mount camera, like most of the items at
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=n ... r&_sacat=0
Thanks for the help.
However i figured it out, turns out I'm an idiot I've been focusing on the wrong side of the bellows. My adapter works fine after I turned them around.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic