www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - New to macro. Query about Helicon Focus
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New to macro. Query about Helicon Focus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ret1rd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: New to macro. Query about Helicon Focus Reply with quote

Almost all the posters on this forum seem to use Zerene focus stacking software. I have been using Helicon Focus. Is Zerene significantly better? Also, I have tried posting emails to the Support area for Helicon, but receive no response. Does anyone know if the company still exists?
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full disclosure: I am Rik Littlefield, the fellow behind Zerene Stacker.

Regarding the comparison, see http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=198463#198463 and the surrounding thread.

As far as I know, Helicon is still alive and well and living in Ukraine. The support part of their forum (http://www.heliconsoft.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10) shows responses even as recent as today.

--Rik
ret1rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: thanks for your help Reply with quote

I was wrong about the lack of response. I sent an email to Helicon and thought I would get one in return. Should have posted on the forum.
I followed your link to the thread and found it helpful. It still seems true than most of the users of this forum use the Zerene software and I will try it out.
Olympusman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Helicon Reply with quote

I have tested Helicon Focus against Zerene Stacker with the sane series of shots, and Zerene easily won out. Helicon had too many artifacts - most notably haloing.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: