www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Pyrenomycete, lichen, or eumycetozoa?
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pyrenomycete, lichen, or eumycetozoa?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Pyrenomycete, lichen, or eumycetozoa? Reply with quote

Substrate is fallen and decaying Hemlock, Lake James State Park, Western North Carolina, July 2017

Canon EOS7D w/Sigma f/2.8 EX DG 50 mm macro f/18 @1/200 sec. ISO 100 Canon 430EXII Speedlite PP: Photoshop Elements 14
However, while there is grace where in all that I might live, while there is still breath in my being, while I may or may not accomplish anything more in life than to be living, I shall reflect upon the past, applying it to the present, for to possibly perceive to a near certainty, the outcome of the future.

Ken 2014
Pitufo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have holes in the top, so it could be a pyrenomycete which has seen better days - maybe had some kind of infection itself..
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right off hand I did not notice any ostiloes, though upon closer examination there appears to be a few that are displaying such. I was hoping for a new slime mold never encountered by myself. Thanks Smile
However, while there is grace where in all that I might live, while there is still breath in my being, while I may or may not accomplish anything more in life than to be living, I shall reflect upon the past, applying it to the present, for to possibly perceive to a near certainty, the outcome of the future.

Ken 2014
tpe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So almost learnt a couple of new words today.

But are the ostioles at approx 30% across and 20 up on the second image (black dot) or are they in the barnacle looking parts which might be some kind of fruiting body where i would more have expected them to be? It would be nice to see a super close up of them if the second?
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpe wrote:
So almost learnt a couple of new words today.

But are the ostioles at approx 30% across and 20 up on the second image (black dot) or are they in the barnacle looking parts which might be some kind of fruiting body where i would more have expected them to be? It would be nice to see a super close up of them if the second?

The ostiole would be around the center of the fruit body, exactly where you would expect them. Here is a much closer image of them and not saying that they are not the spore pores or ostioles (white arrows) but they really don't look it. Dunno Think

Ken 2014
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: