www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Cockchafer, spider and a flying ant? All from South London
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cockchafer, spider and a flying ant? All from South London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davholla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Cockchafer, spider and a flying ant? All from South London Reply with quote

These are all stacks of a few photos
This looks a bit like a flying ant but I doubt it
Ant? EF7A4882 by davholla2002, on Flickr
Any ideas?
A spider I played with the contrast and I think it looks a lot better than the original
Spider by davholla2002, on Flickr
What do people think?
Spider by davholla2002, on Flickr

My son really wanted to wait on the bridge for a train and I let him and found a cockchafer - I will be a lot more patient in the future
Cockchafer EF7A4660 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Cockchafer EF7A4689 by davholla2002, on Flickr
MarkSturtevant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an ant, identified by the characteristic elbowed antennae. I think it is a male reproductive rather than a female, since it has a small head and long legs. Your species are different from mine, but it has a good resemblance to the male carpenter ants I see here: http://bugguide.net/node/view/794262
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: