Printing Nikkor old vs new version

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Doctorfab

Printing Nikkor old vs new version

Post by Doctorfab »

Does anyone own any focal length of both versions? Since there isn't much literature online, I am curious on how they perform compared to each other.
I am lucky to own 95, 105 and 150, all new versions.
And they are just spectacular.
It is intriguing the possibility to change the magnification ratio on the old 150, but how is it performing, regarding IQ?

RobertOToole

Re: Printing Nikkor old vs new version

Post by RobertOToole »

Doctorfab wrote:Does anyone own any focal length of both versions? Since there isn't much literature online, I am curious on how they perform compared to each other.
It is intriguing the possibility to change the magnification ratio on the old 150, but how is it performing, regarding IQ?
The best place has to be Mark Goodman's site:

http://coinimaging.com/macro_lens_tests.html?

He has tested both original and A versions.

Be sure to use the comparison feature of the site.

Hope this helps.

Robert

ray_parkhurst

Re: Printing Nikkor old vs new version

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Doctorfab wrote:Does anyone own any focal length of both versions? Since there isn't much literature online, I am curious on how they perform compared to each other.
Sounds like you might have been the lucky winner of the auction with all 3 versions?

I have owned and tested both old and new of the 95mm and 105mm. I saw very little performance difference between them, though the new versions (which I still own) were slightly better. The old ones are still excellent.

I have never owned a 150mm as it is too long focal length for my photo system.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic