new horizontal rig

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mtuell

new horizontal rig

Post by mtuell »

I've been using my vertical setup with a tube lens, but recently got a bellows, so put it horizontally on an x-theta stage on an optical breadboard resting on Sorbothane feet (in a spare bathtub... bathtub macro! :lol: ). My first attempt is with my photo enlarger lens, a Schneider Componon S 100 mm f/5.6, which I ran halfway open for this stack of 34 images. This is 1/200th second exposures at ISO 200 with dual gooseneck LEDs and an off-camera flash with softbox.

What was handy was a 3D print I made some time ago of St. Basil's Cathedral out of white PLA. I've seen worse prints, and I saw a better one made with a $$$ resin printer, but looking closely.... not a good idea! :shock: This is a "deep" stack of about 1.5" (37 mm), but only 34 pictures. The magnification changed significantly - I'll find better subjects for this setup, in the future!

Well - I guess I'll try to upload pictures later... I get the following error!
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/uploadpic.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I'll put it up on my site ASAP. Sorry for the lead-in, but no pictures! (I know, "pictures, or it didn't happen"! :roll: )

Mike

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: new horizontal rig

Post by rjlittlefield »

403 Forbidden error
See discussion at http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=34337 .

--Rik

mtuell

Post by mtuell »

Ahhh... my problem was my filename, which had a " ' " in St Basil's...

Cross-eyed stereo

Sorry, my bad! :oops:

Mike

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

mtuell wrote:Ahhh... my problem was my filename, which had a " ' " in St Basil's...
Thanks for the note. Apostrophe in filename had never crossed my mind.
Sorry, my bad! :oops:
I see it differently. You got caught by a problem you didn't cause, and fixed it by yourself. That's good! :smt023

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic