Nikon PSM 4a to Microphot FXA control cable

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

sushidelic

Nikon PSM 4a to Microphot FXA control cable

Post by sushidelic »

Hello,

I'm looking for the 34 pin "control cable" to connect the Microphot FXA to the PSM 4a power supply.
Any help greatly appreciated, also if maybe someone has a service manual or can help about pin assignment would be great!

Thanks a lot,
Michael

Aming

Post by Aming »

You may search eBay with keyword "Microphot", then look into the pictures. Sometimes the seller has this "control cable" connected to the microscope, but without the power supply. In that case, you may contact the seller and he might sell it to you. Actually I got mine in this way.

I got a PSM-4 from an international seller in eBay, but it turn out to be defective. Would you mind letting me know where I can find a PSM-4a?

genera

Post by genera »

I can't help with an assembled cable but here's a data sheet from HRS/Hirose for the connector series in case you get desperate enough to make your own: http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/185/1600_catalog-938908.pdf

Aming

Re: Nikon PSM 4a to Microphot FXA control cable

Post by Aming »

If you're in the United States and would like to try out the microphot, we could lend each other the equipment, so we both could try out the microscope.

(Before you put them together, you will never know whether the power supply or the microscope would work or not.)

sushidelic wrote:Hello,

I'm looking for the 34 pin "control cable" to connect the Microphot FXA to the PSM 4a power supply.
Any help greatly appreciated, also if maybe someone has a service manual or can help about pin assignment would be great!

Thanks a lot,
Michael

sushidelic

Post by sushidelic »

Ohh sorry - seems like I disabled reply notifications for this thread, so I was unaware of the replies and completely missed them

Thanks for your hints and the data sheet, I just ordered all the parts to build a cable myself from mouser. Let's hope I get the pins right or i might smoke the precious scope :).

Thanks again for the great help,
Michael

@Weiming - PM sent...

sushidelic

Post by sushidelic »

Ok, I admit that I was desperate enough to build the cable myself. And it works!
So if ever someone needs a control cable again, it's roughly 50$ and quite a bit of soldering (or you clamp it, as you want).
Other good finding is, not only the cable works, but also does the Microphot :). Awesome. I just love those last gen 160mm scopes.

Thanks again for all your help,
Michael

Aming

Post by Aming »

Congratulations! Even though mine is not working, I am still very excited about the Microphot. It feels like higher quality than my Optiphot 2.

Also, the Microphot has a lot of extra functions, such as some built in photography functions. Share with us what extra functions you like after getting familiar with the scope.

Best,
Weiming

bbaez

Items ordered for cable

Post by bbaez »

I am so glad to finally find a post about the cable. I have had my microscope since 2013 and haven't found the cable yet. Even contacted Nikon and all they had was a hand drawing.

Could you post the items your ordered from Mouser? Would rather know what worked then trying to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic