Rhingia Campestris

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

pwiles1968

Rhingia Campestris

Post by pwiles1968 »

Not posted in a while, got a new camera for my birthday still messing with appropriate settings for some reason TTL metering is not working when Im really close to the subject so have to use manual flash settings, I have also modified my flash diffuser to get the material closer - https://flic.kr/p/Tz3V36

Canon 80D ƒ/14.0 100.0 mm macro + Raynox DCR-250, 1/125 ISO200 Highlight tono priority on.

Full size image on Flickr - https://flic.kr/p/UM33A2

leonardturner

Post by leonardturner »

Paul, your new rig seems to me to be working quite well. You are probably better off with manual flash anyway; the lighting is excellent. I particularly like the secondary magnification from the water droplet; neat effect!

Leonard

pwiles1968

Post by pwiles1968 »

leonardturner wrote:Paul, your new rig seems to me to be working quite well. You are probably better off with manual flash anyway; the lighting is excellent. I particularly like the secondary magnification from the water droplet; neat effect!

Leonard
Thank you

Yes the water droplets I went outside after work for 1/2 hour experimenting and almost as soon as I did it started raining I only got a few shots but luckily for once the rain managed to improve a session, I giggle a little thinking of the fly with its front legs going looking like windscreen wipers :D

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Paul which flash are you using? Some of the Yongnuo's are odd.
Chris R

pwiles1968

Post by pwiles1968 »

ChrisR wrote:Paul which flash are you using? Some of the Yongnuo's are odd.
Its a generic speedlight copy TRIOPO or something they are sold under different names, Its fine on ETTL on the 80D but with the Raynox on and close up I gat a lot of misfires (Black Images) which I do not get with my 100D.

Its just a Quirk of Macro that you work around, If I have the Raynox on a switch to manual I can cope :)

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

Very good. I peeked at your Flickr page. Is that an extension tube or teleconverter behind your macro lens?
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

pwiles1968

Post by pwiles1968 »

MarkSturtevant wrote:Very good. I peeked at your Flickr page. Is that an extension tube or teleconverter behind your macro lens?

That would be a 20mm extension tube, I vary between extension and the Raynox.

Also I think I have resolved mt ETTL issue, the camera has so many settings and one of them is the curtain sync menu, it was set to first curtain I changed it to High Speed Sync and seems to have resolved the problem.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic