handheld stack - woodlouse

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

iain

handheld stack - woodlouse

Post by iain »

bit of an experiment with only some of the beast in focus - 51 shots 1/160 f4 iso 400 mp-e 65 magnification 3x

thanks for looking

Ta

Iain

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

Very good!
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

anvancy

Post by anvancy »

this is a beautiful shot.

51 shots on the MPE!!the hand must be paining afterwards. :D

Anvancy
www.anvancy.com

Raynox 150|Raynox 250|Raynox MSN 202|Canon MPE 65mm|Canon 100mm.|Wemacro Rail

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

This is amazing! Could you offer some tips on the physical technique? Assuming you didn't use a rail, how do you manage such small, incremental forward movements between frames? Thanks.

iain

Post by iain »

Beatsy wrote:This is amazing! Could you offer some tips on the physical technique? Assuming you didn't use a rail, how do you manage such small, incremental forward movements between frames? Thanks.
I think most of the technique I use is discussed in this post

Green-veined white

in some manner or form, but if there's anything specific not covered in there then let me know and I'll try my best to answer...

Iain

banania

Post by banania »

Total mystery to me how you can manage these superb images handheld. Are you shooting the images one-by-one or are you using some sort of burst shooting mode. If you use burst shooting how can you change apperture during the stack? I guess you are not shooting in live view either and are not using EFSC. Just plain handheld stacking one shot at a time?

Really superb images!

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Reminds me of some of the things found roaming around during the Cambrian. Interesting shot, very nice. :) I'm not dating myself am I? I mean, I really wasn't around back during the Cambrian, I only read about it. :-k

iain

Post by iain »

banania wrote:Total mystery to me how you can manage these superb images handheld. Are you shooting the images one-by-one or are you using some sort of burst shooting mode. If you use burst shooting how can you change apperture during the stack? I guess you are not shooting in live view either and are not using EFSC. Just plain handheld stacking one shot at a time?

Really superb images!
As you say, this is "Just plain handheld stacking one shot at a time" - there's a video of me in action at

handheld stack

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic