For sale: LOMO water immersion 70x apo objective

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

zzffnn

For sale: LOMO water immersion 70x apo objective

Post by zzffnn »

For sale: LOMO water immersion 70x NA 1.23 apochromatic bright field objective. Edit: formally for sale now

It looks exactly like this eBay listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOMO-APO-object ... SwcUBYF5w-

On eBay, I will list it for $136 shipped to USA. Sorry, no international sale, unless I know you in person. Outside of eBay, I want $125. Please note I am losing a little bit at that pricing.

It is in very good optical condition with zero issues (no delamination, no fungus, no scratch/crack/dent). There is some cosmetic scratches on its metal shell.

This 160 mm tube length RMS objective:
1) has parfocal distance of 32.7mm
2) uses LOMO K or Zeiss Jena K compensation eyepieces, such as K10x, K10x/18, K7x, K15x, K5x, K20x
3) uses cover slip of 0.17 mm (it does not work well for dipping)
4) has spring
5) has working distance of 0.07 mm

I may trade for:
1) an 160TL or 210mm ULWD/SLWD/XLWD (I need WD more than 6 mm for macro reflective light) 20x NA 0.4 objective that can work without cover slip.

Thank you and have a great day.
Last edited by zzffnn on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Hi

As there is clearly a phase version of this objective what are the markings on the barrel of the phase version please?

How do the markings differ from the non phase version?

Just curiosity as they are usually in Cyrillic and although I have seen the others documented I had never come across the phase marking.

Many thanks

John

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

That letter, which indicated phase, looks like O with a vertical line striked through it. And it looks like Greek letter Phi, though in Cyrillic it means "f".

I have seen two versions of 70/1.23 s that have that phase sign:
a correction collar one (without spring) and
a spring loaded one (without correction collar)

I personally prefer the spring version, but my seller only had a correction collar phase 70x for me. Price was reasonable, so I accepted it. But now I have to sell my spring-loaded one.

It is a nice objective either way. Water immersion can see through water mount much deeper than oil immersion.

You can also soak up the immersion water easily/quickly with a cotton swap (Q Tip) and go back to lower magnification such as 40x NA 0.95. But with oil immersion, it is difficult to completely remove all oil residues and that oil clean-up process may crush or push away your subject of interest.
Last edited by zzffnn on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Thanks for the explanation.

John

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I'm curious:
water dipping
3) uses cover slip of 0.17 mm (it does not work well for dipping without cover slip)
WD 0.07mm

So, you put the slip under water, over your subject, and get your objective 0.07mm from that?

I thought the point of "dipping" was to go straight into a puddle :?
Chris R

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Sorry for the confusion, Chris.
I changed my original post to "it does not work well for dipping".

Dipping, as you already know, means going intot the puddle without cover slip.

This 70x NA 1.23 is not a dipping objective. It just uses water as immersion media, over 0.17 mm cover slip.

LOMO made an official dipping objective 60x NA 1.0 D=0 apo. Also LOMO 40x NA 0.75 can do dipping just fine.
Selling my Canon FD 200mm F/2.8 lens

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Ah, thanks!
Chris R

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

This objective is formally for sale now, via eBay http://www.ebay.com/usr/zzffnn Photos can be found there. You can buy from me outside of eBay too - I will deduce eBay fees for you. International shipping will only be made to microscopists that I am familiar with on this forum.

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

John,

In case you are still interested - I do not like my new apo phase water immersion 70/1.23 very much. Mainly because its resolving power is not as good as AO 95x oil phase achromats.

The LOMO's image is very clean and has much less phase halos, as expected with apo correction, also its image is dimmer. The AOa can resolves more diatom dots and make brighter images, but produce more phase halos and false colors. I like the AO better myself, but will keep both types of phase for convenience.

Also, with my Leitz Heine condenser running in high NA COL mode, the phase 70/1.23 makes some false colors, whereas brightfield (non-phase) 70/1.23 makes none. I suspect this is chased by the phase ring. So the phase version may not be ideal for none-phase applications.

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Still available directly from me with discount, or through eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/zzffnn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic