Nikon Labophot 2 microscope for $69 and it takes short LOMOs

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

zzffnn

Nikon Labophot 2 microscope for $69 and it takes short LOMOs

Post by zzffnn »

I have upgraded to an Optiphot, so this perfectly working Labophot 2 has to go to make room.

I can offer it as a bare stand, as shown in the photos. Everything is working, fine and coarse focus mechanisms are smooth. It has working bulb and circuit, but has no lamp house.

$69 + actual USPS shipping cost ($40.19) for this configuration.

Add a mechanical stage for additional $50.

The stage height can be configured (with hex nuts) to accept both 33 mm parfocal LOMO objectives AND DIN objectives. Substage height is reduced for DIN objectives in this configuration.

Or stage height can be configured only for DIN 45mm objectives, which provides more substage height.

Add a raised AO Spencer aspheric (aplanatic) Abbé NA 1.25 condenser for additional $59. This modified condenser will work perfectly (and provides Kohler light) for short LOMO objectives. I have been using it for two years, before my upgrade.

Add 5 LOMO objectives for additional $79. 8x NA 0.2, 20x NA 0.40, 40x NA 0.65 spring, 60x NA 0.85 and 90x NA 1.25 oil spring.

Add a Nikon binocular head for additional $39.

Local pick-up is possible. Shipping to Canada is possible, if buyer covers the difference. Otherwise, no shipping to countries outside of continental USA.

Here is the link to buy it from my eBay page, if you do not want to buy from me directly: http://www.ebay.com/usr/zzffnn
Last edited by zzffnn on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:47 am, edited 6 times in total.
Selling my Canon FD 200mm F/2.8 lens

NikonUser

Post by NikonUser »

the focus block alone has to be worth $200.00 !
NU.
student of entomology
Quote – Holmes on ‘Entomology’
” I suppose you are an entomologist ? “
” Not quite so ambitious as that, sir. I should like to put my eyes on the individual entitled to that name.
No man can be truly called an entomologist,
sir; the subject is too vast for any single human intelligence to grasp.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr
The Poet at the Breakfast Table.

Nikon camera, lenses and objectives
Olympus microscope and objectives

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Thanks, NU.

I am indeed selling at a loss here. But you would understand why, once you see my microscopy space. As it is now, we have more scopes than people + pets in our home......

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

I will give $20 off on my LOMO water immersion apo objective 70/1.23 (as listed on my eBay page, which works perfectly on this Labophot stand using my modified condenser), if anyone buys this stand together with that objective, outside of eBay (directly from me).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic