MTF curves for microscope objective.

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

harisA

MTF curves for microscope objective.

Post by harisA »

Searching the web yields no results. Although it is easy to find MTF-50 curves for photography lens it wasn't possible to find similar curves for microscope objectives.(to be more precise MTF curve is about a combination of lens and sensor)
I have also some other question

1)How close is a high quality modern design infinity microscope objective (a mitutoyo 10x plan apo for example ) to a similar theoretically perfect diffraction limited optical system.

2)What is the MTF-50 curve for a diffraction limited optical system.I have managed to find MTF-0 but this is of no particular value.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: MTF curves for microscope objective.

Post by rjlittlefield »

harisA wrote:2)What is the MTF-50 curve for a diffraction limited optical system.I have managed to find MTF-0 but this is of no particular value.
I'm not sure what you mean by "MTF-50 curve". What would the axes on this curve be labeled? Do you want to know frequency as a function of NA, at MTF-50?

Perhaps some of the equations here will help: http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 831#124831

Note especially this comment:
I like to remember the curve as being a little below linear falloff from 0 to the cutoff frequency. 50% MTF is reached at about 40% of the cutoff frequency; 10% MTF is reached at about 80% of the cutoff frequency.
--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic