Bumblebee

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Davross

Bumblebee

Post by Davross »

I found this poor guy getting eaten by ants in my back garden.

Taken with Nikon D7200, 60mm Nikon Micro and kenko tubes on a velbon rail. (160 shots focus stacked)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

EditCR Title spelling was Bublebee

microman

Post by microman »

You did well. No stacking artifacting that i can see and the picture came out great. I really like the colors of the background.

I am quite new at this stacking buissniess and still got issues with getting alot of artifacts. Mayby its the light i use or something. Guess its takes time to learn how to get good results.

davholla

Post by davholla »

microman wrote:You did well. No stacking artifacting that i can see and the picture came out great. I really like the colors of the background.

I am quite new at this stacking buissniess and still got issues with getting alot of artifacts. Mayby its the light i use or something. Guess its takes time to learn how to get good results.
What software do you use? I have often thought that commercial software e.g. Helicon, Zerene etc should give you some example files to test.

microman

Post by microman »

davholla wrote:
microman wrote:You did well. No stacking artifacting that i can see and the picture came out great. I really like the colors of the background.

What software do you use? I have often thought that commercial software e.g. Helicon, Zerene etc should give you some example files to test.
I use Zerene. Tried helicon demo too but i feel Zerene gives more control over final result togheter with slabbing software like bugslabber. Also its cheaper if i remember right.

Troels

Post by Troels »

I like this picture very much.
The lightning is dramatic but not unrealistic and there are hints of the background and environment.

Troels
Troels Holm, biologist (retired), environmentalist, amateur photographer.
Visit my Flickr albums

Davross

Post by Davross »

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully my macro photography is improving.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

And it looks like it is still alive. Either it IS still alive or you are really good at setting these guys!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic