www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - first post spider & fly
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
first post spider & fly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gremlin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: first post spider & fly Reply with quote

This is my first post here. I've been playing with enlarger & microfilm lenses over the past few weeks. These are hand held shots with an Olympus microfilm lens, stacked in photoshop. A Drone Fly and a Wolf spider? which was about 10mm long.
I'm quite pleased for my first attempts though I'm sure there are ways to improve. I used photoshop for stacking as I have it so worth a try to start with.
microman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like clean stacks to me. Good captures ! Handheld is not easy.
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gremlin, welcome aboard! Very Happy

The stacks look like great starts. Live subjects are not simple.

The fly has a large loss-of-detail halo surrounding the left-side antenna, and other areas on the face that are blurred where I'm pretty sure that there's a sharp source image in your stack. That's a typical error for Photoshop to make, so no worries at this point.

--Rik
gremlin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys, i might have a look through the fly stacks to see if there should be some more detail in those areas. I've read there are better stacking programs but thought i'd start with what I have to see how i get on.
looks like a summer of fun ahead

David
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gremlin wrote:
I've read there are better stacking programs but thought i'd start with what I have to see how i get on.

That makes perfect sense. Yes, any of the dedicated stacking programs will be much better than Photoshop. My personal favorite is Zerene Stacker, but then again I wrote that one so I'm biased. Helicon Focus is also good, and CombineZP is free (but orphaned, it seems).

--Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: