Account hacked?

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Rudix

Account hacked?

Post by Rudix »

Hi everyone.

I am not sure what happened but it seems like my account was either hacked or someone got access to it, both here and on Microhunter! (same login/password combination)

I noticed that my posts were edited/deleted and it looks like there was an attempt to change my email and password. Here the last bit fortunately seemed to fail as I still have access. On Microbehunter I no longer have access, it says my account is no longer active.

If anything bad was posted from my account I would like to apologize! I am hoping my password here is now more secure and I won't use the "public" computer at work to access the page again.

Thanks for listening and thanks for not de-activating my account!
Rudi

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Nothing untoward reported this end, yet!
I noticed you re-applying for membership this morning, something which happens normally if someone changes their details.
We don't store passwords.
Chris R

Rudix

Post by Rudix »

ChrisR wrote:Nothing untoward reported this end, yet!
I noticed you re-applying for membership this morning, something which happens normally if someone changes their details.
We don't store passwords.
Hi Chris,

Yes, my password would not work, I could only browse as a guest so I noticed some of my posts were deleted/replaced by ...'s, I then asked for the activation mail to be sent again. I have now changed my password to a more robust one.

I think the problem might be "local", more as a joke than harm meant (Today's kids!!). Will make sure it does not happen again, sorry!

Regards,
Rudi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic