installing a darkfield condenser

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Crusty

installing a darkfield condenser

Post by Crusty »

I recently bought a Olympus BHTU-BH2 on Ebay which came with a small box marked "darkfield". The microscope works well and I assume the condenser (DCD 0.92-0.8) does too. The problem is that I have no idea how to install it. No help is forthcoming from the internet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

Does it have the dovetail circular bottom? Can you lower to condenser to its lowest position, slide in the darkfield condenser and then secure it with the small set screw and then move it back up to position?

Ive never installed one myself though...

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

It's very simple, you just need to remove one condenser and put the other in place, there are two Olympus main condenser mounting systems but I think that all BH2 do use the base dovetail mount referred by houstontx. Once mounted you must place it at the right height and perform a careful centering to get good dark field.

At http://www.alanwood.net/photography/oly ... loads.html you can download the manual of your microscope
Pau

Crusty

Post by Crusty »

Thanks to you both. I was able to get the darkfield condenser up and running.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic