New Bellows - Dust, filters, Adapters Questions

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Jack,

I use the PB-6 with D800 and D500 without any extensions required. As mentioned by Chris, you just rotate the camera end of the PB-6 to install/uninstall the camera. I would think the D810 should fit as well.

I have a D500 with the PB-6 with Raynox/Mit sitting on a WeMacro focus rail being controlled by Zerene without spacers. I'm utilizing the Stackshot controller and a motor interface cable I built to go between the Stackshot controller and WeMacro rail. All plays together nicely.

Best,

Mike

JohnKoerner

Post by JohnKoerner »

mawyatt wrote:Jack,

I use the PB-6 with D800 and D500 without any extensions required. As mentioned by Chris, you just rotate the camera end of the PB-6 to install/uninstall the camera. I would think the D810 should fit as well.

I have a D500 with the PB-6 with Raynox/Mit sitting on a WeMacro focus rail being controlled by Zerene without spacers. I'm utilizing the Stackshot controller and a motor interface cable I built to go between the Stackshot controller and WeMacro rail. All plays together nicely.

Best,

Mike

Hi Mike;

As I said in my message, it worked on my D810 also ... but only after I pulled off my RRS L-bracket ...

Cheers,

Jack

PS: You and I shoot the same two cameras: D810 and D500 8)

genera

Post by genera »

austrokiwi1 wrote: . . . I have a Minolta Auto Bellows III, Tilt shift version. A few things I have learnt. the "bushes"( is that the right term?). that slide over the bellows rail seem very prone to cracking. I am not sure if it is age related or a design/operator error combination.
. . .
My guess is over-tightening.

You can see similar cracks on several PB-6 currently on eBay:
162246689447, 142158771960 (PB-6E), 232111405584 (PB-6 slide copier)

Here's a thread on repairing them if a crack starts to interfere with use, (In this case a Canon FD Auto Bellows and an Olympus OM Auto):

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... ows+repair
-Gene

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic