Microscope wanted

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Crusty

Microscope wanted

Post by Crusty »

I am looking for a used microscope to feed a photography hobby. Suggestions, pointers, or news of a microscope are welcome. I can spend about $600.

thanks

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

Crusty

Post by Crusty »

I drooled over it, but the Olympus is marked as non-working. Do you advise taking a chance?

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

quoting the vendor:
"I know little about microscopes, so this is sold as-is!"

The instrument seems very well cared for (although not a typical model for a geologist), the objectives are pretty basic but good (Plan achromats) and the light works. Very likely it is in very good condition, the price looks fine...you can't return it so you discount your risk

If interested I would ask the seller if all the mechanics move smoothly (mainly the fine an coarse focus and the condenser focus.
Pau

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

This scope will give you darkfield and full polarized light "modes", very fun to play around with.

Notice the darkfield condenser, pol slider and bottom lower polarizer (small black ring with white mark)

Buy it you won't find those add ons for cheaper anywhere else.

Crusty

Post by Crusty »

I took your advice and "jumped on it". You give wonderful advice. Now I must learn to be worthy of my equipment. Thanks again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic