Isn't he the cutist little thing - redone

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from one of the "Macro and Close-up" galleries to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

Thanks for this Dave but I think I got it sorted out in Corel....instead of saving, I have to "post it to the web" which give me the compression option.

Thanks for all the kind advice everyone!! :D
Joan Young

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

Thanks for the kind words Doug. I am finding maco or close-up extremely interesting. :)
Joan Young

jaharris1001

Post by jaharris1001 »

hey,,,, who is that stranger from South Africa posting here :D :D
very cool lizard there Joan :wink:

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

"Thanks for this Dave but I think I got it sorted out in Corel....instead of saving, I have to "post it to the web" which give me the compression option."

It's similar in Elements Joan, you can resize the picture in the Editor then "Save for Web" and you then get the option to adjust the file size whilst retaining the same picture size. Most sites seem to want a file size of either below 100K or a few under 150k.

DaveW

puzzledpaul

Post by puzzledpaul »

<< resize to 800 on the longest size and set your resolution to 72 >>

Isn't the resolution setting irrelevant in this instance, Sue?

Bigger pic much better, btw, Joan :)

pp

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I have never bothered with setting the resolution in Elements. I first open the image in the RAW Converter, then into the Editor where I crop, then re-size to 800 pixels for the longest dimension, then do any manipulations required and finally sharpen. Then I save for the web and simply alter the file size to suit the sites requirements, usually 100k or 150k.

DaveW

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

Jim
hey,,,, who is that stranger from South Africa posting here
very cool lizard there Joan
Hi Jim.....surprised are you????? LOL!!! Thanks for the nice comment my friend. :)

Dave
Most sites seem to want a file size of either below 100K or a few under 150k.
This brought the file size down from 536k to 183k with just a slight loss of clarity Dave. I am so glad I eventually worked out how to do it. :)

Puzzledpaul
Bigger pic much better, btw, Joan
Thanks Paul...it does look better now but still not quite as sharp as it is on my screen at home. Thanks for the comment.
Joan Young

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Did you sharpen it after re-sizing Joan or before? It is always best to first crop if needed, re-size and then after any further manipulations do a final sharpening just before saving for the web and adjusting file size.

DaveW

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

If I do sharpen an image I usually do it first Dave. I will change it to last from now on. Thanks for the hint. :)
Joan Young

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Welcome Joan! :D
Very nice photos. Lovely creature. Where is Mike? I think he would be pleased. 8)
We have two species here, Tarentola mauritanica (zidni (wall) macaklin) and Hemidactylus turcicus (ku&#263;ni (house) macaklin). Our word for geckos is macaklin.
By the way, what cat is on your avatar? Cheetah? :D
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

salden

Post by salden »

puzzledpaul wrote:<< resize to 800 on the longest size and set your resolution to 72 >>

Isn't the resolution setting irrelevant in this instance, Sue?

Bigger pic much better, btw, Joan :)

pp
Not really. 72dpi is the standard for web publishing and if someone "borrows" your image, the print out will not be that great.
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Now that's a photograph! :smt023

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

Nikola
By the way, what cat is on your avatar? Cheetah?
Thanks for the welcome Nicola. I love your photographs, they are fantastic. It is a leopard which I am using in my avatar. They are beautiful creatures.

Sue
if someone "borrows" your image, the print out will not be that great.
Thanks for help with this re-sizing problem Sue. I have had people "borrowing" my pics....found them posted on a site in India of all places.

Ken
Now that's a photograph!
Thanks Ken...I thought you would approve. :D
Joan Young

salden

Post by salden »

Thanks for help with this re-sizing problem Sue. I have had people "borrowing" my pics....found them posted on a site in India of all places.
I have found my images all over the internet, but the best one yet was when I recieved an email with one of my images as the "stationary". Seems somone made an email stationary of one of my images and it went around the world for a while I suppose and eventually ended up in my mailbox :lol:
Sue Alden

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

I dont see how someone can take an image and use it when it does not belong to them :shock: There is just no accounting for what people will do now days!!
Joan Young

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic