www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - G'day from Australia
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
G'day from Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussie Phil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: G'day from Australia Reply with quote

Hi all,

New Aussie member here. I'm from Hobart, the capital of the island state of Tasmania.

I'm a retired teacher with an earlier background in illustrative and technical photography. I worked for a few years as a professional photographer, but what was a great hobby from my early teens turned into a chore, with WAY too much darkroom time. So I went back to university, did a degree in education and taught secondary school science and computer science.

I haven't done any macro or micro work in decades, but have recently got back into photography of all sorts as a hobby in my retirement and am having a ball.

Oh, I used to be an amateur astronomer and built some largish telescopes, including making the main mirrors, diagonals and even some eye-pieces.

Anyway, looking forward to getting lots of tips on macro and micro work in the digital age. I haven't got much in the way of macro gear yet, so have a lot to catch up on and learn (and buy). My only microscope is an early twentieth century Ernst Leitz (#84087) which I picked up at a garage sale for $40 decades ago. But I can fit my Nikon D7200 to it and have some fun getting the most I can out of those old objectives, before I try out some new ones.

Cheers,
Phil
Harald

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Phil.
Sure is a lot of great people here. I have learned a lot from these guys.
Looking forward to see your work.

Wish you Happy Holidays from Norway

Lier Fotoklubb / NSFF
AFIAP / CPS
BGF / GMV
http://www.500px.com/blender11
Aussie Phil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harald wrote:
Welcome to the forum Phil.
Sure is a lot of great people here. I have learned a lot from these guys.
Looking forward to see your work.

Wish you Happy Holidays from Norway

Thanks Harald.

I'm doing as much reading on here as I can, regarding technique and equipment. The wealth of information from experienced members is marvellous. The sticky topics have been particularly helpful.

Hopefully I will have some images to share in the not too distant future.

So happy winter holidays to you, from a sunny summer's day here in Tasmania. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: