Mitutoyo adapter is finally here :)

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

royalwinchester

Mitutoyo adapter is finally here :)

Post by royalwinchester »

Finally! The adapter for my Mitty 10X arrived. 10X on Micro Nikkor 200mm f/4
Less CA, almost 3X the working distance over my Nikon 10X. I'm experimenting with different lighting for this objective. Especially crisp with the low CA when used on the APO Voigtlander 125mm tube.

click for full res...

different lighting

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Especially crisp with the low CA when used on the APO Voigtlander 125mm tube.
Oh no, I had almost convinced myself that I didn't need to find one of those.....

royalwinchester

Hey Lou!
:)
I'll grab you a couple test shots, but I think a lot of the CA may have been the Nikon 10X...

royalwinchester

Here is a quick side by side of the 105 and the 125.
It was very obvious in the individual shots that the Voigtlander was sharp, had less flare and less CA, easily seen in the color cast to out of focus areas even in the final stacked image. These are with almost identical setups, camera only moved in and out a bit for the direct length of lens, identical lighting. Now, I suppose that the slightly higher effective aperture of the 125mm mitty combo over the 105mm means those images were slightly darker, the EA going from 9 and change to 11 and change. I don't believe that there is also a greater depth of field or improvement in sharpness since I've been told that step size is based only on NA and not on magnification. Still, I think the 125 is quite a bit better with the mitty, where it's harder to tell them apart with the Nikon 10X.

JH

Post by JH »

Nice beetle pictures and an interesting lens comparission.

Regards Jörgen
Jörgen Hellberg, my webbsite www.hellberg.photo

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Thanks for the test pictures. Very interesting. I think it is important to equalize exposures though.

C.Seno

Post by C.Seno »

Nice! I know you will enjoy the Mitty. The stack of the carpet beetle is clean and I think the lighting is good. Look forward to your next shots!

royalwinchester

Thanks, C.Seno
I'm enjoying it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic