www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Hornet
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hornet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpmatthews

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Hornet Reply with quote

Back in the spring I was sitting at my desk in front of the computer when something landed next to me with a soft thud. It was a hornet. It had fallen from the roof space through the aerial feeder hole in the ceiling. Although a beautiful animal, I preferred not to share my workshop with a hornet, so it quickly became a specimen for future examination. I've finally got round to taking its portrait. The insect is just over 30 mm (1.2 inches) long. I've seen bigger ones.

I'm sorry my insects don't seem to be so well groomed as Charlie's! ... this one's excuse is that it had only just woken up after overwintering in a dusty loft.

Anyway, this is 17 images taken through my Wild M8 and the stack processed with Helicon Focus. Lighting is direct through a diffuser, with a piece of white paper folded behind as a reflector:

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good looking shot there Graham, you can tell that it has been, shall we say "deceased," for sometime by the spots in its eyes. Thanks Graham Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: