From the Swamps, Pools and Lakes in the Netherlands

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jankeppel

From the Swamps, Pools and Lakes in the Netherlands

Post by jankeppel »

Hi all, I m new here because after many years working as a doctor I have time to take up my first hobby, when and before I studied biology: hydro-biology and especially the small stuff and animalculis swimming in the drops of pools, lakes and swamps.

We live in the forrest and I have forrest pools in my garden with many animals attending...and swamps and sphagnum within 10 miniutes drive...I took my old student microscopy and my new apple phone and found that if you focus you can really make nice pics, which are and can be scientifically relevant or arty-farty...

Hope to learn more on micro-photograpy, I look forward buying a full blown bi-oculair Leica mic and a good photo-machine....

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Welcome to the forum, professor.

iPhone is perfect for field portable use, due to its light weight and lack of shutter/mirror shake. Or a small mirroless with electronic shutter like Panasonic GH4.

Some small models of LOMO Biolam can be used as light weight field scopes. Tiyoda field portable monocular is probably the lightest full feature field scope ever made.

For home use, I suggest Leitz or Zeiss top models of 160mm system. Unless you want brand new DIC. Canon has many models that have features for micro or macro photography.
Selling my Canon FD 200mm F/2.8 lens

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic