common brimstone

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

JH

common brimstone

Post by JH »

Common brimstone, Nikon 4x apo and Nikon 2x teleconverter.

I wanted to have an avatar - therefore the light and the post processing is a little more "artistic" than usual and the picture is up side down. 454 Pictures ZS, Adobe LR and PS.

Regards Jörgen

JH

Post by JH »

Canon 6D, Mitutoyo 10x, apo gerogon 150 mm tube lens, Nikon 2x teleconverter, stackshot, 860 Pictures, Zerene Stacker, Adobe LR and PS.

Regards Jörgen

Saul

Post by Saul »

Very nice, beautiful set. I like a light & postprocessing
Saul
μ-stuff

JH

Post by JH »

Thanks Saul! :D

I am trying to figure out how to get the most out of my copy stand. I usually use my microscope for 5x and above, but when I need room for positioning it is much easier to use the copy stand. One problem is vibrations, the fun part is to learn how to use flashes for lighting. For the first picture i used one flash for each eye.

Regards Jörgen.

Saul

Post by Saul »

Thanks Jörgen , very nice result ! Can you share more technical details, please ?
Saul
μ-stuff

JH

Post by JH »

Saul wrote: Can you share more technical details, please ?
It is a fun challenge to check different combinations of tubelenses, tele converters, microscope objectives and distances. A small disappointment was the fact that the Nikon tele converter vignettes without a tube between the converter and the camera. For the last picture with the Mitutoyo 10x I changed the distance between the tele converter and the 150mm tube lens until it was at infinity. For the first picture with the 160mm Nikon plan apo 4x I am actually not sure how to figure out the best distance. I guess that the extra distance added buy the tube between the tele converter and the camera, and the fact that I use a Nikon tele converter on a Canon camera has to be taken into consideration.

Regards Jörgen

Saul

Post by Saul »

Is this FF ?
Mitutoyo 10x I changed the distance between the tele converter and the 150mm tube lens
Why not straight 200mm but converter+150mm combination ?
Thanks !
Saul
μ-stuff

JH

Post by JH »

Saul wrote:Is this FF ?/quote]

Yes FF.
I have tried a 400mm with good results. I read somewhere that the Mitutoyos were made to cover 30mm, so;

(aprox 44 mm FF diagonal / 30 mm ) * 200 mm (nominal tube lens) = aprox 300 mm tube lens. (150 mm tube * 2x enlarger). In my case, the extra empty tube and the fact that I use the 2x nikon extender on a Canon camera probably made the end results something other than 300 mm.

The corner performance was ok.

Regards Jörgen

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic